Your Success is Our Objective! Help us Help you!
This is a brief outline of the process you can expect and list of things to do to be the most organized and prepared to study Design Methods and pass the certification exam. If you are not testing, i.e., taking class for Continuing Education Credits, recommendations, requirements and steps are essentially the same for CECs, irrespective of edition, although the 14th is BICSI’s latest and greatest.
WORKBOOKS AND THE TDM MANUAL
Purchase the TDM(R) Manual (www.bicsi.org) to use with our study materials. Register for CET class to receive preclass study workbooks. CET workbooks are used in conjunction with the TDM Manual to test your knowledge and prepare you to take certification exam. We provide over 3,500 questions with answer key covering the entire TDM manual to determine your strengths and weaknesses. This is done before attending class so you can take advantage of the face-to-face instructor time to cover what you do not yet understand. The point of going through chapter by chapter with the workbooks and TDM is so that you come to class knowing which areas, information, chapters, etc., you need to focus on to understand, learn and retain the information for testing.
• Work all the questions, chapter by chapter, answering what you can. Grade your answers with the answer key.
• Mark areas of difficulty in the TDM and in workbooks so you can get clarification on those areas once in class.
• Bring all notes/weaknesses with you to class so you can cover with the instructor.
• BRING THE TDM MANUAL TO CLASS! This is a must so you can highlight and make notes on the information
and follow the training. This will help you retain the information and maximize your educational opportunity.
• Do not skip class just because you did not complete the workbooks. Completing the workbooks is definitely
important, however, attending class is equally important. If you did not finish the books, come to class anyway.
Bring the manual. Take notes. Finish the workbooks when you get home. Take the practice tests. Take advantage
of after-class support by emailing any areas of concern to your instructor.
CONCURRENT PROCESS AND STEPS TO EXECUTE
• Apply to sit for the RCDD(R) exam through BICSI(R) at www.bicsi.org or by calling 800-242-7405
• Once approved by BICSI you will receive a confirmation number, usually by email
• Establish a test date via Pearson Vue who manages the testing for BICSI: www.pearsonvue.com/BISCI
• You typically have one year from date of approval to test. Any questions regarding exam approval, testing or re-testing should be directed to BICSI at www.bicsi.org or by calling 800-242-7405
WORKBOOKS COMPLETED! CLASS COMPLETED! TEST TIME!
• Please reach out if you have any questions after attending the class. Our instructors are happy to help!
• We do periodically have refresher courses. If you feel unsure or have had time between class & test,
you are encouraged to register for refresher. Call us and we will help you register for refresher.
• Your Certificate of Completion will be e-mailed approximately one week after class.
Call CET with any questions – 865-932-9881 ext 101
Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know you can Host a class in your area! Call 865-383-7310 if you are interested in hosting - great exposure for your business in your local area!
TDMM, RCDD are registered trademarks of BICSI. CET Is a Recognized Continuing Education Provider with BICSI, however, our products and services should not be intepreted as authorized or endorsed by BICSI, outside of the granting of CECs.